India is a country obsessed with stuffed parantha. So much so that there are streets in the capital city kept after popular parantha joints. This innovative stuffed bread with Hass Avocados and cheese makes an excellent choice for kids lunch boxes and as a breakfast option.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 10 min
Yields: 2 Servings
- Avocado (ripe and firm) – 1no
- Salt – to taste
- Olives sliced
- Cheddar cheese grated
- Whole-wheat flour – 4 cups
- Olive oil
- Dill leaves chopped
- Water – as required
- Run a sharp knife from the top of the avocado in a circular motion. Slightly twist the avocado and separate the halves. Remove the seed and discard it. Peel off the hard skin and cut the avocado into very small dices.
- Separately mix together little salt and 3 cups of wheat flour. Add sufficient water to make into a stiff dough. Allow resting for 10 minutes. In the meantime mix together diced avocados, sliced olives, chopped dill leaves, and grated cheddar.
- Now make equal sized balls of the dough. Roll out the dough just about to double the size of the dough. Now stuff the dough with sufficient cheese stuffing and seal the dough and make into a round ball again. Repeat this for the complete dough. Now using the dry wheat flour on the base roll out the parantha to about 1/2 cm thick. Heat a griddle and cook on both sides with some olive oil. Once browned remove and serve immediately.