Number of Portions: 6
- Walnuts Chopped- 40 gms/ 1/3 cup
- Almonds Chopped – 40gms/ 1/3 cup
- Candied Orange Peel – 25gms/ 1/3 cup
- Candied Cherries – 25 gms/ 1/3 cup
- Cranberries Dried – 50 gms/ 2/3 cup
- Raisins – 40 gms/ 1/4 cup
- Dates – 50 gms/ 1/3 cup
- Candied Ginger – 20 gms/ 1/3 cup
- Rum or Brandy – 150ml
- Honey – 3 tbsp & Orange Juice – 70ml/ 1/3 cup
- Bread Crumbs (fresh) – 75 gms/ 3/4 cup
- Refined Flour – 75 gms/ 2/3 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 15 gms/ 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Clove powder – 1/2 tsp
- Nut meg powder – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Butter – 70 gms/ 1/3 cup
- Brown/White Sugar – 70 gms/ 2/3 cup
- Orange Zest – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1 no
- Baking Mould – 6 nos
- Butter – for basting
- Thread – for tying
- For this recipe I am using a 3inch wide and 3 inch deep round ceramic baking moulds. Baste the inside of the could lightly with butter and keep aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients of the wet mixture and keep it for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight so that the fruits soak up all the liquid.
- Mix together all the ingredients of the dry mixture and keep aside. For the batter use a clean bowl, add soft butter, brown sugar and orange zest and whisk them till light & fluffy. Add an egg and whisk it again till soft and fluffy,
- Now fold together the batter, wet mixture and the dry mixture. Pour the mixture equally into the moulds. Place a butter paper on top of the dish and then a aluminium foil. Using a thread tie the paper & foil around the neck of the mould.
- Place a pressure cooker and add water till 1/4th the level. Place a stand that should be above water. Place the moulds inside the cooker on to the stand. Cover and cook on high flame till the first whistle and then lower the heat and cook for 40 mins.
- After 40 minutes remove from fire and let it cool for 10 mins. Open the lid and remove the moulds. Let it cool slightly and then remove the paper. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it. Upturn the mould on serving tray and tap the mould to release the cake. Dust with icing sugar and serve.