Number of Portions: 2
- Caluliflower (small) – 1 no
- Pepper – to taste
- Almonds (skin on) – Handful
- Butter – 50 gms
- Mint Leaves – handful
- Garlic Cloves – 4 nos
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Almonds (blanched & peeled) – 1 cup
- Milk – 300 ml
- Cut the cauliflower into half from the center. Crush the garlic cloves and chop them up. Mix with salt, pepper and olive oil. Apply the same to the cauliflower. Heat a pan and put the flat side down to give it a nice colour. Remove after 3 minutes and put it in a pre heated oven at 160c for 20 mins or till it is cooked completely.
- Seperately chop the almonds with skin and flash them in the oven to lightly roast them. As for the blanched almonds, add a glug of milk just enough to make a puree.
- For the sauce melt butter and add the almond puree and saute. add salt, pepper and saute for 2-3 mins. now add the res of the milk and thicken up the sauce.
- To plate, pour the sauce with a spoon on to a plate. Place the grilled cauliflower and add toasted almonds. Garnish with handful of fresh mint leaves.