Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 min
Number of Portions: 04
- Moong dal – 150 gms
- Water – 500 ml
- Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
- oil – 2 tbsp
- Jaggery – 150 gms
- Coconut milk – 400 ml
- Cashewnuts – 15 gms
- Grate the jaggery and keep aside.
- In a thick bottom pan heat oil, add cashew nuts and fry till light brown. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan add little more oil and add moong dal and on low heat lightly roast the dal. Make sure the dal does not burn. Add water carefully and cook till dal is mashy.
- Now add grated jaggery and cook for 2 mins. Carefully add coconut milk and keep cooking for another 5 mins. If the payasam is too thick then add little water.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and browned cashew nuts. Serve hot.