Bael fruit or wood apple or stone fruit is the queen of summer fruits. Bael sherbet helps keep you cool in summers & best of all it is so easy to make a drink with #bael #sharbat #sherbet #baelsharbat #summer #summerdrink #drinks #kunalkapurrecipes #kkitchen
Serves – 6
Prep time – 10 mins
Cooking time – NIL
- Bael Fruit (stone apple or wood apple) – 1no (large)
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Water – 1lt
- Mint leaves – handful
- Ice cubes – handful
- Salt – a tiny pinch (optional)
- Using a rolling pin break the bael and using a spoon scoop out the pulp.
- using your fingers mash the pulp and remove the seeds. The seeds are quite bitter so make sure not to leave any behind.
- Add chilled water and mash it again gently. Now add it into a strainer and using a wooden spoon press against a sieve. Extract as much pulp through it leaving behind the large fibers.
- To this add sugar and stir to dissolve it completely.
- In a large container and ice cubes, crushed mint leaves and pour the sherbet on top. Stir and serve chilled. You may want to add a tiny pinch of salt.