How to Make Easy Chicken Curry Recipe | देसी चिकन करी | Kunal Kapur Indian Recipes | Chef Kunal Kapoor Homemade
How to make Homestyle Indian Chicken Curry is the most simple & flavourful curry. #ChickenCurry #KKitchen #चिकनकरी
Number of Portions: 6
- Chicken (whole) – 1 kg
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Bayleaf – 1 no
- Cloves – 4 no
- Peppercorns – 5 nos
- Onion Chopped – 1 cup
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1no
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fenugreek Leaves (methi) Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Black Cardamom – 1 no
- Cardamom – 4 no
- Cinnamon – 1 no
- Turmeric – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato chopped – 1 cup
- Coriander – handful
- Clean and cut the chicken into 8-10 pieces. Marinate the chicken with salt, curd, ginger paste, garlic paste and methi leaves powder. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan heat oil add bayleaf, cumin, black cardamom, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns and cinnamon. Let it crackle and then add chopped onions.
- On slow even heat brown the onions evenly. Dissolve turmeric, chilly powder and coriander powder in a dash of water and add it to onions. Saute for a minute and add ginger and garlic paste.
- Cook for 3minutes and add green chilly chopped followed by chopped tomatoes. Add salt and cook till tomatoes are mashy and speck of oil appear in the masala. At this stage increase the heat to high and add the marinated chicken along with the marinade.
- Bring to a boil and let it cook for 5 minutes. Now add 3 cups of water and let it cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pick out the chicken pieces using tongs and keep aside.
- Using a blender puree the curry till fine. Strain the curry using a sieve. Add the chicken pieces back to the strained curry and a cup of water. Cook again till chicken is cooked completely. Add water if required to get a thick pouring consistency.
- Finish off with freshly chopped coriander. Serve hot.