Still wondering what to get for Valentine’s day then just bake a cake. Nothing expresses better than a soft, mushy chocolate cake. Share the recipe with the one you love.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 35 mins
Number of Portions: 12 Slices
- Butter – 200gms/1cup(approx)
- Curd – 180gm/¾cup
- Sugar(fine grain) – 200 gms/1cup
- Baking powder – 4gms/1 tsp
- Refined flour – 200 gms/1½ cups
- Baking soda – 7gms/1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 30gms/4 tbsp
- Chocolate chips – for garnishing
- Butter – for basting
- Flour – for coating
- Milk Chocolate – 250 gms
- Cream – 250 gms
- In a clean bowl add soft butter & sugar and whisk them till the butter is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract & curd and whisk again. Add cinnamon powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and all purpose flour.
- Using a spatula mix and fold the batter. Now using a brush lightly baste with butter the inside of a 9″ baking mould.
- Dust it with dry flour and shake off the excess. Drop the batter into the mould. Lightly tap the filled mould on to the counter.
- In a pre heated oven bake the cake at 180c for 30-35min. Remove the cake and after 5 mins upturn to remove the cake out of the mould and on to a wire rack to cool it completely.
- For the icing give cream a boil in a pan. Add the milk chocolate & remove the pan from heat. Mix well till all the chocolate dissolves. Now pour the chocolate sauce over the cooled cake.
- Drizzle with some chocolate chips. Slice and serve.