Learn how to make pesto pasta with quick and easy recipe!
Anyone can make pasta if you have an easy recipe that shows how to make pesto pasta with delicious pesto sauce.
For Pesto Sauce
Basil Leaves – 2 cups
Almonds/Pinenuts/Cashewnuts (toasted) – handful or ⅓rd cup
Garlic Cloves – 2 nos
Parmesan Cheese Grated – ½ cup
Olive Oil – ¾ cup
Salt – to taste
Pepper powder – to taste
Dried Pasta – 2cups
Water – for boiling
Salt – 1tbsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Pasta Omelette (from leftover pasta or pesto)
Eggs – 2-3nos
Oil – a dash
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Leftover pasta – ½ cup
Leftover pesto – 1 tbsp
Lightly toast the almonds in the oven and add them to the blender along with garlic and grind them to a powder. Add grated cheese, basil leaves, salt and start grinding.
Trickle the olive oil in while it is still grinding and make it into a puree. Remove and pour it in a large bowl.
Boil water and add salt. In boiling water add penne. Cook as per instructions on the packet. Remove and strain the pasta. Immediately add the pasta to the sauce, drop the butter, add a dash of pasta water and toss them with a laddle.
Serve on to a pasta plate and garnish with basil leaf and grated cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- Over blending will cause over heating of pesto. This will cause to loose flavour and the pesto to darken. Make sure to touch the outside of the blender jar to make sure it is not hot. If hot then stop for a while and do it again.
- Never ever cook pesto, always toss freshly boiled, hot pasta into the pesto sauce.
- Over boiling pasta is easy so try not do that by following the boiling instructions on the packet of dried pasta.
- Alway add pasta to boiling water and immediately stir it, do not let it sit.
- The pasta water is useful to lighten up sauce so do not throw the water till your pasta is ready.